Job Reference – 572a
We are happy to announce that an exciting opportunity has opened up in our residential services for a Deputy Manager to cover one of our residential homes.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
We are also delighted to announce that we have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards for three consecutive years and have been awarded ‘Excellent’ by OFSTED for three of our services. We are proof that small companies can win big awards.
The successful candidate will be able;
- To support the home manager in ensuring a high-quality service is delivered and to deputise for the Home Manager in their absence.
- Complete formal assessments of the needs of young people, in conjunction with colleagues and other professionals, to promote and safeguard the welfare of the young people in placement. Oversee communication with families and placing authorities and any other agencies involved.
- To take a lead in the planning and decision-making process within the home and contribute towards reports for senior managers within Fair Ways, regarding the care of the children and compliance with regulations.
- Involve young people in decisions about their care plan and risk assessments, in order to maximise their choices, giving due consideration to their wishes and feelings.
- To demonstrate and uphold the core organisation values at all times and playing your P.A.R.T by: Maintaining a Professional attitude, Being Accepting, Being Reflective and being Transparent
- To actively contribute towards the maintenance of a positive culture within the home, in which teamwork thrives. Guarding against transference of negative views, being solution focused, and promoting a positive attitude.
- Extensive experience of working with children and young people and the ability to demonstrate leadership in this environment.
- To hold a relevant qualification including Level 3 CYPW Diploma in childcare or equivalent and working towards/ hold the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership.
- Good knowledge of legislation relevant to residential childcare, including Children’s Home Quality Standards 2015 and Children’s home regulations.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we:
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek a discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension Scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.