Job Reference – 453
- Full Time: up to 37.5 hours per week “Happy to Talk Flexible Working”
- Salary: Band H £27,549 – £34,607 per annum
- Closing date: 29th July 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
Fair Ways is looking for a Deputy Manager to join our Mental Health Unit in Southampton which opened 18 months ago. This service delivers effective rehabilitation and recovery to service users whose needs cannot be met by less intensive services or who require transition from in-patient services. We can consider service users with a history of challenging behaviours including harm to self, others or property. In this unit, we can reside up to 6 young people, including two rooms with reduced ligatures and is purpose designed to care for young people and adults with a range of mental health conditions. Facilities also include a communal lounge, therapy and sensory room, clinical and meeting rooms, all with disabled access.
Our suitable candidate will show us their ability to;
- Ensure a high standard of care is provided to each of the service users in the service, maintaining and achieving at least an overall ‘Good’ grade from the Care Quality Commission.
- Lead on the completion of clinical assessments of the needs of some of the service users, in conjunction with other colleagues and professionals.
- Therapeutically manage and analyse behaviour that challenges, resulting from the complex needs of the service users and to support the team in developing proactive plans to reduce the likelihood of behaviour that challenges.
- Support service users and colleagues to ensure that care plans are developed in partnership with the individual and that they reflect ‘recovery goals’. These should be strengths-based and oriented towards reinforcing a positive identity and developing valued social roles.
Our ideal candidate will be a motivated and approachable individual with experience as a nurse, occupational therapist or Social Worker within inpatient or residential health care.
You will be in possession of a current first level nurse registration (RMN/RNLD), however we would also consider candidates with a Social Work or Professional Health Care qualification, as well as current NMC or HCPC registration. You will need to show evidence of managing and supervising staff, be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills and understand the need for confidentiality.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services and well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.