Job Reference – 396
- Full Time: 37.5 hours p/week
- Salary: Qualified Teacher – Band H Level 1 £28,000 – £33,850 p/annum
- Unqualified Teacher – Band G Level 1 £20,000 to £24,500 p/ annum
- Closing Date: 26th May 2019
- Interview Dates: TBC
Additional benefits: Health cash plan scheme; Pension Scheme; Staff Discounts; Childcare vouchers; Employee Assistance Programme (EAP); Great development opportunities.
In September 2018, Fair Ways opened the doors to its third Education Site – Fort Wallington School. Fort Wallington works as a transitional school for students aged 11-19 looking to prepare them for the working world. The successful candidate will be expected to support learning in Construction and Woodwork as well as support the students’ pastoral needs.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
As our Construction & Woodwork Teacher, you will be required to;
- Participate in the completion and monitoring of all student assessments and monitor and record such progress.
- Support the Head of School and Deputy with the curriculum structure and implementation of Teaching and Learning strategies to enhance the learning outcomes for its pupils.
- Participate in the implementation and delivery of each students Individual Education Plan (IEP), Personal Education Plan (PEP), Risk Assessment (RA) and Behaviour Management plan (BMP).
- Perform the role of allocated Tutor for an individual student(s)
You will need to have proven experience in supporting children with social and emotional behavioural needs, ideally within an educational environment and be highly organised and be able to manage your own workload effectively. A relevant teaching qualification such as QTS, QTLS, Cert Ed, is essential for the qualified teacher position as well as proficiency in at least one construction area. Applicants must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced DBS Disclosure. The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
At Fair Ways we aim to make a difference through passionate care, support and education. We have worked hard to create a culture where we say what we say we will do, when we said we would do it; we are inclusive, open minded and treat each other with respect; we focus on learning, not blaming; and we are open, honest and have integrity.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.