Job Ref: 649
Hours: Full Time/Term Time
Salary: £20,200 – £24,745 (Unqualified) – £28,280 – £34,189 (Qualified)
Closing Date: 9/2/2020
We are looking for a Construction and Woodwork Teacher based in our Fort Wallington School in Fareham.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the Head of Education and Deputy Head with the curriculum structure and implementation of Teaching and Learning strategies which demonstrate a critical understanding of developments within your subject area, ensuring the subject curriculum is engaging to all students.
- Participating in the implementation and delivery of each student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Personal Education Plan (PEP) by providing relevant data to monitor progress, set targets and plan lessons.
- Performing the role of allocated Tutor for an individual child / children and carry out the necessary tasks that this role entails – including liaising with parents / carers and attending meetings.
- Having regard for the need to safeguard students’ well being in accordance with statutory requirements, including Fair Ways policies and Government legislation.
- Demonstrating an understanding of, and a willingness to learn, how the young people’s early life experiences and how such experiences may result in, or contribute to, severe challenging behaviour.
What do you need?
- The relevant teaching qualifications – (QTS, QTLS, Cert Ed)
- Previous experience in schools working with SEN
- A drive and hunger to bring the best learning and delivery
- A salary of £28,280 – £34,189 is on offer for qualified candidates / Unqualified candidates are offered £20,200 – £24,745.
Our benefits include
- Free parking
- In-depth training & development
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free 24 hour online employee assistance programme