Job Ref: 647
- Location : Wickham
- Job Type: Contract
- Hours: Zero Hours
- Salary: £9.45 – £11.42 per hour
About our Organisation:
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
About our Residential Home:
Garden House will accommodate up to 6 children aged between 7 and 14 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment and to ensure we prepare the children in our care to move onto safe and nurturing foster care placements which will be achieved through early intervention.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated, hard-working professionals. As part of this team you will share responsibility for the running of the home supporting young people to develop a range of life skills.
You will report to an experienced management team whilst mentoring and educating children and young people who can display challenging behaviour.
Our ideal candidate will be –
- Positive and motivated with excellent communication skills helping to guide our young people with general life skills.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to the task and be resilient under pressure.
- Previous experience of working with young people and/or adults with health/social care/educational needs is highly desirable.
- A Level 3 qualification in childcare is a plus, but not essential.
About the Role:
- Shift’s cover days, evenings and weekends with potential sleep in’s.
- As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to our young people.
- Bank shifts are flexible and can be worked around other commitments as required.
- Enhanced rates paid for evenings and weekends.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- In depth In-house induction programme
- Health Care Scheme*
- Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*
- Service based additional annual Leave accrual
- Bespoke training department
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Education Grant Scheme*
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit Tea and Coffee
- Future Leaders Programme*
- Staff Lottery*
*Subject to qualifying period
All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.