Choosing a career with us means joining an organisation that makes a difference. There is tremendous opportunity here for creative thinkers who want to lead the industry through innovation, nourish the community with quality, and be a part of something great.
About our Residential Home:
Fair Ways is looking for a Residential Team Leader based in our Residential Children’s Home in the Swanwick area. Our home cares for a maximum of 5 young people at any one time and is an Ofsted registered independent children’s home. We offer residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The home offers a model of care and education based on PACE and the House Model of Parenting, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. The residential home is set in a semi-rural location in South Hampshire which is within commutable distance from Fareham, Gosport, Southampton and other surrounding towns and villages.
About our Opportunity:
As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to Children and Young People by facilitating their physical and psychological development. This position focuses on developing independent life skills within a therapeutic care environment. Staff will be involved in a range of activities which our children enjoy, this may include swimming, music, camping, rock climbing, horse riding, canoeing and day trips to local centres.
This role is offered on a full time/permanent basis, working on a rolling shift pattern. This involves working a 2-day period (including sleep-ins and being on-call) followed by 4 days off work!
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Lead, Mentor & motivate staff in providing high standards of care
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Being a part of and role modelling the established community values in the home
- Day to day tasks of running a family home (Cooking, Cleaning & Maintenance)
- Provide staff supervisions and manage staff performance
- Reporting and recording on the key aspects of care
- Risk Assessments
- Managing and supporting complex behaviour that can be challenging
You will need to:
- Hold a level 3 diploma in Residential Childcare
- Have previous experience supervising and leading staff teams
- Be familiar with the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- In depth In-house induction programme
- Health Care Scheme*
- Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*
- Service based additional annual Leave accrual
- Bespoke training department
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Education Grant Scheme*
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit Tea and Coffee
- Future Leaders Programme*
- Staff Lottery*
*Subject to qualifying period
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.