Choosing a career with us means joining an organisation that makes a difference. There is tremendous opportunity here for creative thinkers who want to lead the industry through innovation, nourish the community with quality, and be a part of something great.
About our Residential Home:
Fair Ways home in Bournemouth has the capacity to place two young people between 7 and 14 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment and to ensure we prepare the children in our care to move onto safe and nurturing foster care placements which will be achieved through early intervention. This home prides itself on having a very warm and accepting atmosphere, looking very much like a home rather than an institution. This home focuses holistically to meet the complex needs of the young people placed with great success.
About our Opportunity:
As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to Children and Young People by facilitating their physical and psychological development. This position focuses on developing independent life skills within a therapeutic care environment. Staff will be involved in a range of activities which our children enjoy, this may include swimming, music, camping, rock climbing, horse riding, canoeing and day trips to local centres.
This role is offered on a full time/permanent basis, working on a rolling shift pattern. This involves working a 2-day period (including sleep-ins and being on-call) followed by 4 days off work!
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Lead, Mentor & motivate staff in providing high standards of care
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop them emotionally and socially
- Being a part of and role modelling the established community values in the home
- Day to day tasks of running a family home (Cooking, Cleaning & Maintenance)
- Provide staff supervisions and manage staff performance
- Reporting and recording on the key aspects of care
- Risk Assessments
- Managing and supporting complex behaviour that can be challenging
You will need to:
- Hold a level 3 diploma in Residential Childcare
- Have previous experience supervising and leading staff teams (experience essential)
- Be familiar with the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Complete detailed admin tasks as delegated by management
- Expectation to arrange shift cover, liaise with social workers and other professionals etc
- Represent Fairways in formal meetings, working towards positive outcomes.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- In depth In-house induction programme
- Health Care Scheme*
- Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*
- Service based additional annual Leave accrual
- Bespoke training department
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Education Grant Scheme*
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit Tea and Coffee
- Future Leaders Programme*
- Staff Lottery*
*Subject to qualifying period
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.