Job Reference – 509
- Hours: Zero Hour Contract
- Salary: Band F Level 1 £11.41 per hour
- Closing Date: 2nd January 2019
- Interview Dates: TBC
The aim of our Secure Escort Service is to have a standby team who receive appropriate training in interventions to address challenges, to ensure that Fair Ways can transport young people/service users securely and safely between venues, such as social services, court attendance, Youth Offending Institutes (YOI) Health hospitals and many other locations. So Fair Ways are looking for a reliable, experienced and flexible individual who can carry out secure escorts with a team of co-workers to a high standard.
As this position has no guaranteed hours, work will be offered on an “ad hoc” basis as and when there is work to be done.
A suitable candidate for this role would expect to undertake;
- Carrying out secure escorts (driving, managing challenging conversations and behaviours and delivering appropriate restraining techniques).
- Supporting the planning and organisation of secure escorts including routes, safe stops and contingency planning.
- Use creative techniques in challenging situations to ensure that all young people/service users remain safe and secure throughout each journey.
- Ensuring the young people are involved in the procedure of each secure escort, in order to be clear on expectations and rules for the journey.
- Ensuring daily tasks are consistent with the smooth running of the service, such as handover, case recording and updating the necessary professionals, ensuring all information is recorded appropriately and accurately to a high standard.
Ideally, you will hold a level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent as well as having extensive experience of working with young people with complex needs in crisis situations. Having the ability to remain calm and confident if faced with aggressive and potentially violent situations is a must so previous experience working in a secure escort service would be advantageous. In addition you will need to be flexible and responsive to the demands of the service at short notice. All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co