Job Reference – 509
- Hours: Zero Hour Contract
- Salary: £11.53 p/hour (Band F, Level 1)
- Closing date: 1st January 2020
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded fourth best Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in the Sunday Times Awards.
The aim of our Secure Escort Service is to have a standby team who receive appropriate training in interventions to address challenges, to ensure that Fair Ways can transport young female people/service users securely and safely between venues, such as social services, court attendance, Youth Offending Institutes (YOI) Health hospitals and many other locations. So Fair Ways are looking for a reliable, experienced and flexible individual who can carry out secure escorts with a team of co-workers to a high standard.
As this position has no guaranteed hours, work will be offered on an “ad hoc” basis as and when there is work to be done.
The ideal candidate will be required to:
- Carrying out secure escorts (driving, managing challenging conversations and behaviours and delivering appropriate restraining techniques).
- Supporting the planning and organisation of secure escorts including routes, safe stops and contingency planning.
- Use creative techniques in challenging situations to ensure that all young people/service users remain safe and secure throughout each journey.
- Ensuring young people are involved in the procedure of each secure escort, in order to be clear on expectations and rules for the journey.
- Ensuring daily tasks are consistent with the smooth running of the service, such as handover, case recording and updating the necessary professionals, ensuring all information is recorded appropriately and accurately to a high standard.
Ideally, you will hold a level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent as well as having extensive experience of working with young people with complex needs in crisis situations. Having the ability to remain calm and confident if faced with aggressive and potentially violent situations is a must so previous experience working in a secure escort service would be advantageous. In addition, you will need to be a flexible,responsive and experienced female escort readily available to the demands of the service at short notice. All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.