Job Reference – 591
- Hours: Full Time (37.5 p/week)
- Salary: £25,036 – £29m761 per annum
- Closing date: 25th August 2019
- Interview dates: 2nd, 3rd or 4th September 2019
Due to our continued success and the demand of our residential service, Fair Ways is extremely excited to be opening our 2nd home in the beautiful Brecon Beacons in Wales. We are now looking for dedicated and passionate people to come and join the team.
This purpose-built residential children’s home will accommodate up to 3 young people aged 11 -16 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment for them. Being located in the Brecon Beacons, there will be a lot of focus on outdoor activities!
The working hours will be 37.5 and will be on a 2 on 4 off basis. You will complete 9-5 duties in the office during your 2 days and then on shift after 17:00. You will also be working between our neighbouring home during office hours – a really good opportunity to get the feel for both properties.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Ensuring the home is compliant with regulation and inspection of Social Care Wales Act 2016
- Supporting the home manager in ensuring a high-quality service is delivered and to deputise in their absence
- Managing and analysing challenging behaviour resulting from complex needs and formulating plans to reduce the likelihood of future similar events and supporting colleagues in their reflective practice to develop an understanding of the underlying issues to challenging behaviour
- Taking a lead in the planning and decision-making process within the home and contributing towards reports for senior managers within Fair Ways regarding the care of the children and compliance with regulations
- Ensuring daily tasks are completed (either directly or through delegation) and are consistent with the smooth running of the home, such as handovers, case recording, updating care plans and risk assessments, and ensuring all information is recorded appropriately and accurately in a timely fashion
- Carrying out supervisions, probation reviews and appraisals with staff and ensuring that all new staff register with SCW within their first 6 months of employment
- Demonstrating and upholding the core organisation values at all times and playing your P.A.R.T by: Maintaining a Professional attitude, Being Accepting, Being Reflective and being Transparent
We are looking for candidates with extensive experience within a residential childcare setting, with strong leadership qualities and the ability to make appropriate decisions and come up with solutions to issues.
You will need to hold a Level 5 in Leadership & Management or be prepared to work towards this.
Additionally, you will be assertive, able to work alone and as part of a team, possess excellent communications skills and have a thorough understanding of legislation relating to residential childcare. All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.