Job Reference 499
- Hours: Full Time (37.5 hrs)
- Salary: Band H £27,549 – £31,529 p/annum
- Closing date: 25th November 2018
- Interview dates: TBC
If you have experience of holding responsibility within an education setting, a degree in a specialist subject and be qualified to teach, look no further! We are looking for an Assistant Deputy Head to join our Management team at our EBD School based in Swanwick, Southampton. Our purpose is to provide a holistic approach and a bespoke timetable to each pupil supporting their academic and emotional needs. Students are placed with us when most other mainstream or specialist schools have failed them. As such, they are likely to have been out of education for a long period of time having exhausted multiple placements. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds including family homes, foster care and residential units, but most are Looked After Children (LAC) by the local authority.
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded Third Best Not-for-Profit Organisation to Work For in the Sunday Times Awards. Additionally, the school, were graded as “outstanding” in the most recent Ofsted inspection.
A suitable candidate for this position will show us their ability to;
- Help support the quality of education delivered across the school including the conduct of the staff within the school as well as the students on transition are engaging in education and making expected progress.
- Support in the development of differing education placements that will meet the needs of all students placed within the school.
- Verbally report to the Deputy Head on a weekly basis and produce a written report on a half termly basis including the quality of the curriculum, school performance and any risk or action plans.
Crucial to the success of this post is an ability to think creatively with flair and flexibility in a challenging learning environment and to engage challenging and vulnerable pupils and gain the respect of a highly committed staff team. Fair Ways plan to appoint an Assistant Deputy Head who has a proven record of raising standards for pupils with SEMH and Behavioural Difficulties. Applications from staff with a mainstream or special school leadership background are welcomed. Effective experience of working with pupils with SEMH is essential. All candidates must have a full driving licence and have access to use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). The disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
and ask for the Recruitment Team or email Recruitment@fairways.co