Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
About Our Opportunity:
Fair Ways are extremely excited to have opened their first 6-bedroomed residential children’s home situated in Wickham, Hampshire. Over time this home will accommodate up to 6 children aged between 7 and 14 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment ensuring we prepare the children in our care to move onto safe and nurturing foster care placements which will be achieved through early intervention. As part of this exciting new expansion we are looking to appoint a highly skilled and organised administrator. This person will work onsite supporting the team and home management supporting the continued high quality service and growth.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Maintaining a professional role and answering the phone positively, answering any queries and passing on the necessary information.
- Making phone calls on behalf of the management team of the home.
- Attending meetings and typing up and distributing notes as well as typing up reports, letters and emails.
- Managing the diary of the management team.
- To undertake financial tasks including the petty cash and monitoring of this process.
- To aid and support the leadership team with Rota management, recording of staffing usage and taking part in the recruitment process.
- To support in monitoring the training matrix and establish any required links or training plans that may be identified.
- Support the homes management in updating and creating development plans as well as six monthly regulation 45 reports.
- Monitor maintenance tasks and liaise with the maintenance department and the home management to ensure that any outstanding tasks are reported or in line to be completed
- A range of other duties as shown in the job description.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good level of relevant experience and the ability to carry out fundamental administration tasks.
- Possess competent IT skills using Microsoft word, excel and outlook a must. Power Point and Publisher knowledge is also desirable.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team within a fast paced, busy and varied working environment.
- Have good organisational skills and attention to detail. This is a must as is integral to the home achieving and maintaining the highest Ofsted standards.
- Have a flexible approach to tasks and resilience under pressure.
- Be able to work independently and manage your own workload
- Support the homes management team in effective undertaking of the homes many tasks whilst promoting a positive culture.
- Be reliable, enthusiastic, creative and honest.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, non-verbal and written.
- To hold a GCSE grade A to C in English or an equivalent NVQ level 2 qualification.
- Good recording, filing and information sharing skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and anti-oppressive practice.
- To challenge attitudes and practices that can be perceived as discriminatory.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Basic DBS check; the cost of which will be met by Fair Ways.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- In depth In-house induction programme
- Health Care Scheme*
- Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*
- Service based additional annual Leave accrual
- Bespoke training department
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Education Grant Scheme*
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit Tea and Coffee
- Future Leaders Programme*
- Staff Lottery*
*Subject to qualifying period
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy should we feel that a maximum number of applications have been reached.