Job Reference – 590
- Hours: 30 p/week (happy to talk flexible working)
- Salary: £18,238 – £20,857 p/annum
- Closing date: 25th August 2019
- Interview dates: 2nd, 3rd and 4th September 2019
Due to our continued success, Fair Ways is extremely excited to be opening our 2nd home in the Brecon Beacons in Wales. We are now looking for dedicated and passionate people to come and join the team.
This purpose-built home will accommodate up to 3 young people aged 11 -16 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment for them. Being located in the Brecon Beacons, there will be a lot of focus on outdoor activities!
If the hours don’t suit you, please don’t let this put you off – please apply for a Bank position where you can build your own rota!
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We have recently been awarded fourth best Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in the Sunday Times Awards.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Maintaining a professional role and answering the phone positively, answering any queries and passing on the necessary information.
- Making phone calls on behalf of the management team of the home.
- Attending meetings and typing up and distributing notes as well as typing up reports, letters and emails.
- Managing the diary of the management team.
- Demonstrating and upholding the core organisation values at all times and playing your P.A.R.T by: Maintaining a Professional attitude, Being Accepting, Being Reflective and being Transparent
Experience and the ability to carry out fundamental administration tasks is necessary in order to excel in this role. This would go hand in hand with a good all-round knowledge of IT and Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel and Outlook. The ideal candidate should also be equipped with top-level organisation skills and have a flexible, out of the box approach to tasks as well as being resilient under pressure with the added bonus of managing your own workload.
Desirable, will be the need to have a Level 4 NVQ Certificate in Business and Administration or an NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Basic DBS check; the cost of which will be met by Fair Ways.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer:
- In-house Induction training prior to starting in your role
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing
- Offer access to Legal, Financial and Personal Advice
- An active Employee Committee
- Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
Please note, we reserve the right to close application should we feel that a maximum number of applications have been reached.