Job Reference: 571
- Hours: Part Time -3 days a week (or 22.5 hours)
- Salary: Band D, £18,062 – £20,678 per annum
- Closing Date: 21st July 2019
- Interview Dates: TBC
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect ALL staff to share this commitment. We are also delighted to announce that we have been placed in the Top 5 Best Not-for-Profit Organisations to Work for in the Sunday Times Awards for three consecutive years and have been awarded ‘Excellent’ by OFSTED for three of our services. We are proof that small companies can win big awards.
We are looking for a motivated individual with experience of working in a social care setting. Ideally you will have worked in a co-ordinating role and/or have experience of managing rotas as well as general administrative duties. You will be able to work on your own initiative providing solutions to the team. You should also enjoy problem solving and you will be comfortable working under pressure. The role will involve planning ahead but also responding to crisis scenarios and being able to respond flexibly to the needs of the young people/Carers.
Working in our busy fostering team, you as our successful candidate will be;
- Responsible for the efficient co-ordination and administration of all fostering support and respite care. You will be managing staff rotas, liaising with support staff, bank workers, social workers and foster carers to ensure that all support shifts are recorded accurately and rotas where possible are planned in advance.
- Managing the co-ordination and administration of all foster carer training for the year ensuring that a sufficient and accurate training database is maintained for organisational and regulatory compliance purposes.
- Supporting carer pay, by ensuring that electronic records are accurate.
- Supporting the tracking and monitoring of progress that the children are making in placement by co-ordinating and reporting on ‘outcome star’ data.
- Able to demonstrate and uphold the core organisation values at all times by playing your P.A.R.T through: Maintaining a Professional attitude, Being Accepting, Being Reflective and being Transparent
Fair Ways organisational culture is pivotal to our success. The best of strategies will only be as successful as the culture of any organisation allows. A strong organisational culture is one of the most competitive advantages an organisation can have and an aligned culture attracts and keeps talent and has a strong positive influence on performance and outcomes.
For this reason;
- You will have good organisational skills. You will be able to think creatively, calmly and logically.
- You will be reliable and honest with a positive attitude.
- You will have a flexible approach to tasks and the capacity to offset stress and demonstrate resilience under pressure.
- You will be able to demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development and that of others.
- You will be prepared to carry out any other tasks designated by the Manager or company Directors.
- You will hold GCSE- Grades A to C / 9-4 or Scottish Standard Grades, Secretarial training or other relevant qualifications.
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role they play in the organisation; that’s why we:
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
Working for Fair Ways will provide you with an opportunity to seek a discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension Scheme.
Interested in the vacancy? We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.