An Overview of Fair Ways
Fair Ways is the trading name of Fairways Care (UK) Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of the charity, Fair Ways Foundation.
Fair Ways delivers a comprehensive range of services to children and young people, including social care, support, training and education services. The majority of the organisation’s profits are reinvested in the business in order to achieve its social purpose and deliver its charitable objectives.
- Residential services include Residential Children’s Homes, a Residential Family Centre, a Crisis Intervention Centre and Post 16 Homes to assist transition to independent living.
- Education services provide two specialist Schools and a Community Outreach Service.
- Fostering offers a range of options from Respite to Long Term placements. Our Specialist Fostering services provides an alternate to Residential care by providing placements in a family setting with highly skilled carers.
- Training is a core value for Fair Ways. We invest heavily in internal and external training for staff and carers, delivering over 9000 internal training hours last year.
We provide a continuum of care, offering specialist interventions for children and families at the high end of the spectrum of need.
We believe that by retaining well paid, well trained and well supported staff, we will become one of the leading providers of childcare services in the UK.
Fairways Care (UK) Ltd was established in 2002, having previously been the Fostering subsidiary of Cornerstone Service Support Ltd, a residential care provider for children with disabilities. From the outset the company sought to deal with more difficult and vulnerable children to provide stable familial placements for them.
In July 2015, Fairways Care (UK) Ltd was bought by Fair Ways Foundation charity. The organisation now trades under the brand name Fair Ways.
From humble beginnings, a single office and 15 dedicated staff, today Fair Ways employs over 310 staff across 7 key services providing 8 supported living homes, 3 Ofsted Registered Children’s Homes, 1 CSSIW Registered Crisis Centre, 1 Ofsted Registered Residential Family Centre and 3 Ofsted Registered Schools.
In total Fair Ways directly looks after over 150 children and young people a year and also looks to make a real difference to their families.
Mission, Values & Culture
Our Mission is simple – Making a difference through passionate care, support and education.
By creating a culture that values every individual, we can harness and develop their potential so that they may achieve great things.
- Make a difference
- Never give up
- Value every individual
- Listen to each other, develop each other, reach our potential
- Quality and passion in what we do
We want to be an enjoyable, exciting and welcoming place where:
- Professional: We do what we say we will do, when we said we would do it
- Accepting: We are inclusive, open minded and treat each other with respect
- Reflective: We focus on learning, not blaming
- Transparent: We are open, honest and have integrity
We expect everyone to play their P.A.R.T in creating the culture our employees and service users deserve